Monday, January 28, 2013

My expose on how simply liking Adam Levine reveals six truths about myself

Today I am taking part in the Please Allow me to Re-Introduce Myself blogfest as hosted by the following bloggers:
To quote Elise in describing this blogfest, it is my opportunity to "tell us something interesting about yourself. It doesn't have to be very long, just something you haven't shared with your readers in a while. It can be anything. It can be about writing. Or blogging."

So as of the last six months, I've kinda had this obsession with Maroon 5's lead singer, Adam Levine, and I really just want to use this blogfest as an excuse to post pictures of him. But, I will relate it somewhat to my books because I'm going to work on a picture of Dylan who's a character in my novel, and I'm totally going to draw Adam Levine in that role. Why you may ask? Because I like to live in pretend-land, and I can. Like seriously guys...I CAN DO THIS. And it's gonna totally ROCK. I just haven't decided if I want to make it color or pencil? I've been debating that all week. But I do know he'll be looking down the barrel of a gun, because Dylan likes to shoot people, and he's really frickin' good at that.
First gratuitous picture of Adam Levine. Don't worry
there's more coming your way below.
So yeah, in just one paragraph you now know 1) I like Adam Levine 2) He would play Dylan in my fantastical crazy f*cked up mind where I imagine someone in Hollywood actually thinks my story is worth a film adaptation 3) I dig Maroon 5 and want to see them play Mandalay Bay in March (well maybe you didn't quite get that, but I so want to make it happen) 4) I can draw and there are times when I think I can do faces pretty good 5) I'm really indecisive because how often is it that one gets stuck on whether it should be pencil (black and white) or color and 6) I think guns look cool and even though I'm a democrat, all the coolest characters in my book go around with HUGE guns and kill people with them (but in the immortal words of Arnold Schwarzenegger from "True Lies" they are ALL bad.) And I'm being completely serious...all the bad guys in my book that end up getting shot had it comin'. Thank you Saturday Night LIVE for rekindling the thoughts that had kinda faded...ya know? (You just learned another thing about me...I watch SNL). I've so been re-introduced.
Second gratuitous picture of Adam. I have to admit ladies, he pulls off the tats.
A black and white picture. So help me decide? Should my drawing be black and white or color?
I hope you enjoyed this fantastic expose on how simply liking Adam Levine reveals six truths about myself. Now THAT is brevity.
Have a great Monday.


43 comments:

  1. I also like Maroon 5. And yes, Adam Levine pulls off the tattoos in a way most men can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see Adam as Dylan. Kathy is so lucky. Hater her. (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Too much Adam Levine!
    As Andrew said, draw both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got to share your blog with Hildie McQueen today. She is totally obsessed with him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam Levine as Dylan....heck yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that this person exists, he was on the TV show where they judge singers. I'd say to do a rough sketch of both versions and do the one you think works best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A democrat who likes big guns! Very cool. And thanks for participating in the Re-Introduce Myself Blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely do both, then decide.
    Living in pretend-land is what we writers do best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Might as well do both..as everyone is saying. Pretend-land is so much fun. Why leave?

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you're like me, as soon as I add colour to a sketch I regret it. I start out with the highest hopes but it soon fizzles. I'm best using charcoal and pencil. But as everyone is saying, try both. You don't know until you try :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely black and white in my book. The last pic. appeals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, why not do it in watercolors? Heh.

    Very clever way to reveal some truths about you. I can be indecisive like that too sometimes. Options aren't always my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, Maroon 5 sucks so hard. It's one of the only concerts I've ever walked out on, mostly because the band I really wanted to see had already played.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't mind seeing Maroon 5 live also. I'm voting black and white and have I told you lately how much I admire your artistic talent?

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Andrew: That's a good idea.

    @L.G.: I know, right!

    @Elise: Giggle

    @Alex: Lulz

    @Ciara: Oh I'll go visit her straight away.

    @Brinda: I can see your genius, miss Berry

    @Rusty: The Voice! I must confess, I love Christina more on "The Voice." Christina is mah babe. White gurl has got SOUL!

    @Stephen: Weird huh?

    @Laura: I think I may do a pencil sketch and see how I like it. Less commitment that way.

    @DRC: I love color. I may go with color in the end, but sketch it out first to see.

    @Joy: I like the way black and white tends to look as well. It seems in many ways, more artistic.

    @L.G.: I hate watercolor. Monet sucks. I think I'm clever; thanks for validating.

    @P.T.: Always gotta hate.

    @Susan: Thank you so much! *hugs You just made my day Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun post! I like Maroon 5's songs and I like Adam Levine on the few episodes of The Voice that I've seen, but as for attraction level, the boy's just too skinny for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha, ha, ha! Absolutely NO COMMENT. Just wanted you to know; I came and I saw, and that was an eye full of AL.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're hilarious. You should draw him in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to meet you. Black and white for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm. I was thinking black and white all along, especially if he's looking at the barrel of a gun. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wouldn't it be black and white when you first draw it? Maybe make a a copy of it then and then add colour?


    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay so he can pull of the tats, but that man needs some meat on his bones! Way too skinny!

    LOL, this was a great way to meet you Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoa, that second one's rather nice! I'd do it in pencil. It lends much more atmosphere and personality than color. I love doing portraits in pencil.. First one I did was of David Bowie back in college. If I can do it, I know you can do one of Adam, too. You're very talented! And I'm sorry I didn't divulge anything new over at my place. I promise to rectify that very soon. Lovely to learn more about you though. And Adam is a nice crush, er...obsession. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice. Michael, you always surprise me in the best way. Don't ever stop being you. :)

    I'd love to see Dylan as Adam or Adam as Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adam Levine is a smartass, cheeky, so-and-so...
    For me, black and white does the trick!
    Great to re-meet you Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw Adam on SNL too - he was surprisingly funny in the skits.

    I've never liked tattoos, but his look like art. And so does his body. You might as well double your fun by drawing him in both B&W and color.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice looking fella...I just can't handle the tat's!

    But I love your twist on how you approached the blogfest. Very creative!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, since everyone is saying black and white, I'm going to vote for color. Because I'm just contrary that way.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Michael! Thanks so much for the very cool bookmark. So excited to receive it in the mail the other day. And thanks for the gratuitous photos of hunky tattooed men.... wot, it's not my birthday, is it?
    Nice to re-meetcha!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Reintroductions are always so interesting. I wouldn't have thought so before this blogfest, but there ya go. And a talent for drawing? I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Up to about 2 months old, playing Maroon 5 was about the only way to get her to stop crying. I owe them a little piece of my sanity. I can definitely see Adam as Dylan. I wish Adam had a bigger role in American Horror Story.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey, Michael!

    I love Adam Levine, and I think you should do black and white. That's a little more edgy. And I have to agree, he most definitely knows how to rock multiple tatts!Thanks for re-introducing yourself and for posting drool worthy eye-candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. My wife would love this post. She can't get enough Maroon 5 (literally; I got her the last album for Christmas and it's on repeat in her car). I like the odd song but that's overkill. We're going to see them in London in June, so I'll report back...

    Wish I could draw. It's a very cool talent.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Pencil Dude. I say this cuz I like tattoos, and Adam is an expose canvas, and black and grey make the best tattoos.

    Yes, Adam is a good likeness for Dylan, though I picture D a bit more buff than that.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pretend land is a great place to be. Adam Levine is certainly hunky!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, Michael.

    With his coloring... BLack and White. The tats are graphic and that will add to his rough, mysterious, edge.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Adam Levine is smoking hot. I think this qualifies as my favorite post from the blogfest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fun post! Nice to meetcha, and I vote for B&W. That last picture rocks. Very atmospheric, bad ass, and and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  39. pfft, you should've posted the whole naked pic of Adam in which his willie is covered by a hand :) I've posted it last year and it is still one of my most visited posts in history....

    ReplyDelete
  40. Is it mean that I'm glad you posted the nearly naked tattoo picture instead of your drawing of his face? I'm sure your drawing would be awesome-sauce, but...

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those tats would look good in black and white. Yeah, they work on him.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This was a fun way to introduce yourself. Hope you continue to have a blast in pretend-land, with or without Adam Levine. :)

    ReplyDelete