Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dwayne Johnson is the most interesting man in the world

If he were to mail a letter without postage, it would still get there.

When it is raining, he is thinking of something sad.

He is fluent in all languages, including three that only he speaks.
The most interesting man in the world? Nope
Dos Equis would have you thinking that some old fart is the most interesting man in the world. I, however, disagree, and I'm here to make my case to you ladies (and the occasional guy that likes action films and visits my blog).
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is the most interesting man in the world.
Dwayne Johnson is "The Rock." He brought us "the smackdown" and was great calling out people from the squared circle by using the words, "Candy Ass." That and he's just HUGE. Seriously, we all know that as mighty as Chuck Norris is, Dwayne Johnson could own Chuck in his prime (sorry Chuck).
Dwayne Johnson dressed up as "The Hulk" for Halloween. There's
not a whole lot of people that could pull that off. Like seriously.
When Bin Laden was killed, Dwayne Johnson was one of the first people in the world to know about it and tweeted as much before anyone knew anything. In case you were, ahem, living under a rock and didn’t know, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson tweeted at 10:24 pm Eastern time (more than an hour before Obama’s speech, which was at 11:35 pm Eastern) that he, “Just got word that will shock the world–LAND OF THE FREE…home of the brave. DAMN PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN.”

That's 'cause his cousin is a Navy Seal.

He's one of the few people that actually make a successful transition from sports entertainment to Hollywood superstar.

And now I know he trolls DeviantArt (which is AWESOME). How do I know? Because io9 just clued me in that he's producing a movie exclusively based off of this picture by artist Alex Panagopoulos:
I myself have often looked to illustration to get the old muse flowing. And apparently so does Dwayne! Who knew I had so much in common with "The Rock?" The idea behind this soon-to-be-movie is what do Teddy Bears do when the children who own them fall asleep? I think it's kind of brilliant.
And if you didn't think that was cool enough, Dwayne is going to be Hercules in a new high budget feature film directed by Brett Ratner slated for August 2014 that will TOTALLY redeem those awful Clash of the Titans reboots.

Here's the synopsis taken from io9's own page:

Fourteen-hundred years ago, a tormented soul walked the Earth that was neither man nor god. Hercules, powerful son of the god king Zeus, received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labors and the loss of his family, this dark, world-weary soul turned his back on the gods, finding his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warmed to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and the presence of death. These men and woman never question where, why, or whom they go to fight; only how much they will be paid. Knowing this, the King of Thrace has hired these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time. Hercules begins to question King Cotys' motives when he takes his army out to battle and sees them practice on innocent men, women, and children of their neighbors. Deep in his soul something stirs, but is it enough to stop a mad king and his army of the damned from marching across Greece - or even Olympus itself?!

So there you have it. My case for why Dwayne Johnson is the most interesting man in the world.

As for Hercules are you #OMGEXCITED? Okay, I admit, it could be cheesy. But I see all of his movies anyway. He's kinda like the new Ahnold (I saw all his movies too until he starred in that weird one where he was pregnant). I think his career ended with that movie (whatever it was called).

Have a great Thursday.

27 comments:

  1. I think Michael Offutt is the most interesting man in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Elise's comment!

    The Rock is interesting too though. I love his films!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hercules couldn't be worse than those films. And you knew the Rock was huge when he made Vin Diesel look puny in Fast Five.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he made it in Hollywood because he has decent acting ability and he’s great compared to other wrestlers. Hercules seems to be a good role for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More evidence for the case of Dwayne:

    Movies like The Toothfairy and Gameplan also make him a family favorite. My daughter loves him, and I can always count on an entertaining family movie when he's in it. Witch Mountain is another one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dwayne was always my first choice as the MC Detective Quaid in my novels, ever since I saw him as the Scorpion King.

    Looking forward to Hercules.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like he's following in the footsteps of Lou Foregino. Played the Huk in the 70's/80's and did some Herculeas films. If he does a Sinbad film soon I'll now it's true.

    And Lou played pro football too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Other than The Scorpion King I don't think I've seen many movie's he's been in. But he probably has been more successful than Schwarzenegger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you'll go see that "Pain & Gain" Michael Bay movie where the Rock and Marky Mark play bodybuilders who fight crime or something. Lot of good beefcake in that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God i hate those clash of the titans reboots. A lot.
    And i love Dwayne Johnson. I especially love him in weird stuff, like his cameo in Family Guy and his role in Be Cool

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to see a movie based solely on that picture. It looks AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of a book based on what Teddy bears do when their children are asleep. A great illustration, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shoot! I know what movie you're referencing. It's on the tip of my tongue...

    I don't go and see movies based on the actors in them. If I did, there are several movies I would miss just because I hate the actor. But he's not one of those, and those movies I've seen him in, I've generally liked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never been a big fan of 'The Rock' but he has made some really funny films. Thought he was the best 'support' in 'Get Smart'. BUT anyone who loves that 'Teddy Bear Print' has some great taste. It's my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I think he's pretty awesome. He's one of those actors that you love even when he's in horrible movies. Like Journey 2, which we watched last week. Horrible, stupid movie, but he, with Luis Guzman, were great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Elise: Thanks!

    @Suz: Thank you dearie. I'm tickled pink.

    @Alex: I really liked watching Dwayne and Vin battle it out though. And Vin won that fight! I wish I had that kind of muscle.

    @Cindy: He's also very good looking.

    @Mathew: I like all his movies. Thanks for pointing that out.

    @Yolanda: Damn. I need to read your books.

    @Rusty: Pfft. Lou. His career sucks compared to Dwayne's.

    @P.T.: I am going to see Pain & Gain. Mark Wahlberg looks huge in that too. I think he used steroids.

    @Sarah: I knew you'd love Dwayne.

    @Marjorie: I agree. The artist has me intrigued.

    @Stephen: I know!

    @Liz: Let me know when you think of it. I'm too lazy to IMDB Arnold's career movies.

    @Faraway: Not a big fan of the Rock? WHY NOT? He's aaamaazing.

    @Andrew: Luis Guzman was awesome in the Count of Monte Cristo. Such loyalty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally agree!!! And gosh, I'm staring at the Hulk picture thinking, "I didn't know legs could look like that." LOL. Has he invented new muscles that no one else has?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hercules could be really, really bad. Not saying it will be, but wouldn't be surprised.

    mood

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. He is better than that old far! I love that deviant art piece. I can't wait to see a movie made from it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE that picture by Alex P. I can certainly see why it would inspire an entire movie -- one that I might prefer to a Hercules movie, even though Dwayne can be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah, The Rock is TOTALLY awesome! For someone who left wrestling and moved back in, he's taken that world by storm. Have seen him in a few movies and again, he's TOTALLY awesome! But you know I have a thing for him. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that illustration of the teddy bear defending his child.

    I agree with Elise. You may be the most interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the Rock and I have to agree he's pretty interesting but as far as most interesting man in the world well that would have to be my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I think my hubs would concur with your assessment for sure:-) Good arguments you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Rock is funny. He isn't the most talented actor, but that is part of his charm.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a hilarious post. LOL. I'm a fan of The Rock too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Rock has numerous movies heading to theaters in the near future. Beyond that, he has attached his name to various projects, all of which sound like they will keep the one-time wrestler and current big-screen phenom in the blockbuster business for years. Because we know that you love The Rock as much as we love The Rock, we've documented the actor's next films.

    new movie with the rock
    Read More

    ReplyDelete