But what is "You Only Live Once" really describing? Irrational fear in America? Not hard to believe when 1 in 5 American adults share the following 8 crazy things:
- They are unaware who the U.S. declared independence from in 1776. When asked by Gallup, 1 in 5 adults provided answers like Russia, China, and Mexico.
- A Northwestern University poll says that 20% of Americans believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth. I guess the orbits of the celestial bodies is still up for debate in some parts.
- A fifth of our country still does not use the internet (Pew research center).
- 1 in 5 believe the Apocalypse will happen within their lifetime (Time Magazine poll).
- Believe Marijuana is more harmful than alcohol. This simply isn't true.
- According to the Consumer Federation of American and Financial Planning, 1 in 5 Americans believe the Lottery is a sound financial investment.
- Do you believe in alien abductions? 20% of America fears those aliens and their anal probes.
- Cannot find the United States on a map. Have you seen this pageant video? Let this lovely contestant for Miss Teen USA give you faith in how she feels America could solve this dilemma.
I'm ashamed to say that I love "#YOLO" because I know someone it describes. And I think if you look around, so do you.
- Congratulations to the brilliant David Powers King on sending Woven to a publisher (Finally)! I've been reading about this story for over a year now, and I just want to read it. I'm gonna get the chance soon, and I'm so excited. You can read about his publishing deal HERE.
- Elise Fallson is the cutest writer I have ever seen make a video. You've got to watch how she does it on her website HERE. And she's got another blogfest coming up where she flexes some artistic muscle. There's only 22 entries and there needs to be more because all you have to do is caption two comic strips that she'll post on her blog on February 18th. Go sign up now at this LINK.
- Author Joy Campbell is doing a Celebrate Love Renewed blogfest on February 14th. Read about it HERE.
- Author Andrew Leon is running a Great Chocolate Contest in which you write a story that takes place in the imagination room of his book, House on the Corner. For those of you who haven't read it, I'll summarize (because he doesn't do it on his blog): The imagination room is like the ultimate holodeck on Star Trek. If you L.A.R.P., you would get dressed up with your buddies, go to the imagination room, and boom be transported to whatever fantasy you wanted, whether it's fighting AT-AT's on Hoth or hanging out with the Cullens from Twilight. The thing is, you don't gain any additional powers. It's you and your costume. So you could make this fantasy as dangerous or as fun as you want. Andrew just wants you to take a character that discovers the imagination room above the garage that sits out back of this creepy old house and go to town. Read about his fun prizes HERE. The deadline is February 6th but author Briane Pagel claims he has it all sewn up. I guess we shall see
- Author E.J. Wesley is going on a huge book tour starting February 4th for the latest Moonsong book. I'm almost done with it (it's short) and will post a review for you soon. But E.J. is giving away cash and books and gift certificates to a book depository for international people. It's like Christmas in February. Go check it out HERE.
Have a great Tuesday.
No thanks needed for showering your life with more Adam Levine.