Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Can you do me a goodreads favor?

With your help my friends, I too can be a Dragon Ball Z character for
an obscure online list of books no one reads! This is your
mission, if you choose to accept it...
So the social networking site for book lovers called Goodreads has these lists for books (you may have seen them if you are on that site), and I'm tired of "Slipstream" being mediocre in all of them. Just in one, I would like to be higher, maybe even number one. So I picked out one that I think isn't going to step on any of my fellow author's toes (at least the ones with whom I regularly network).

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE LIST

It's pretty straight forward. "Best Science Fiction Books with Gay Main Characters." Like...the number one listing HAS ONLY 27 votes. I think I could totally own this list with a little help from my bloggy friends (that being you).
UPDATE: GUYS YOU GOT ME TO NUMBER 10!! Squeee.

Ahem...so here's the favor. And it's really simple. IF you have a goodreads account (just to make it clear, I'm not asking you to go and sign up for another social network)...could you please go to the link and just vote for my book. That's it. One little click. I'm currently ranked number 78 and the list really isn't all that long. I even provided the link and circled the button in blue and included a picture of what it looks like up top so you won't be confused.

And just maybe, by the end of the day, I won't be so mediocre in the listing. I might move up!

What I will do for you in return:
1) If you indicate that you would like me to bump your book up in a list, let me know in a comment and I'd be happy to cast my vote cause chances are, we aren't competing in this one. As far as I know, I follow 600 some odd blogs and no one has a gay main character in a sci-fi book. Only straight people write books and they only have straight protagonists pining for straight white men or a straight woman (here's looking at you, Alex ;)). There's nothing wrong with that. It's just my observation with some hyperbole thrown in for good measure. So Jordan (my protag) is kind of like spotting the Loch Ness monster.

What do I expect to accomplish by asking for this? Nothing. But I'll get to be a big pickle. And I shall be a pickle like no other pickle has ever been before!
But because you know my secret, you can always say...
Have a great Wednesday.

36 comments:

  1. Done, done and done! Hope it gets to the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number one only has twenty-seven votes? That won't take much to bump up.
    Sorry, Byron likes his women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted and here is mine..somewhere on this list.

    http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/17200.Best_YA_Dystopian_Utopian_Apocalyptic_Post_Apocalyptic?format=html&page=2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was vote number 8. You're moving up the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, that sounds like a lot of effort, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you get your book onto a list? I'm just not savvy enough with this tech stuff :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was like the easiest favor I've performed all week. DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Everyone: Thanks so much! As of this time in the morning, I'm at number 10!! Woo hoo. I appreciate your support of the "Loch Ness Monster".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Voted. Goodreads took about a year to load, but you're at number 8 now. Right above this little book called Dune.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're at #7 now. You know, I've actually read the book that's at #1 in this list. I can't remember why. I think I ran across it last year when I first got an e-reader and had found a site with free e-books on it. It was actually pretty good. I've actually read several books on this list. Interesting. Ursula K. Le Guin and Robert Heinlein, hm? You're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, You're at #4! an I just voted for you :) God luck getting to #1!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Voted! We need more characters who are different. I'll have to think on that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Done, and my vote just bumped you to #3 from 4 :) It's a really interesting list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just voted! Awesome, Michael! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Voted! You were third on the list. Does that mean you're ranked third now? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Done! You are almost there, just a few more to #1! Thanks for stopping by the blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get around to joining Goodreads. Added your book to my shelf on Shelfari, though, FWIW.

    I hope you reach #1 on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Done. You're #2! C'mon, a little more juice and you can be #1! So nicely asked, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Done and you're at #2!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I voted. You're now #2! You so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Voted some time ago. Glad you're at #2. Good book.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Slipstream and the #1 spot both have equal votes. Damn, I was hoping I was going to push you to #1. I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwh thank you so much everyone. I think I'm gonna fall short by one vote lol. But I so appreciate everyone's support.

    ReplyDelete
  24. awww, that "little cooler" thing is so cute. But I want to give the little cooler a hug. haha.

    I voted for your book in that list :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Done, as when I click it, it was at number 1 already! Let's keep it there.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I should pay attention to lists and stuff. Going over to check things out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry to say, I spent Wednesday in court supporting a friend and missed this post completely, but I am excited for you that you made it. I may just have to go and vote anyway.

    ReplyDelete