Monday, November 20, 2017

A Wrinkle In Time is coming in March and the trailer features edgy music and explosions of magic. Let's just all hope it's good.

Despite the fact that the book, A Wrinkle in Time begins with the words, "It was a dark and stormy night," I am pretty jazzed to see the Disney adaptation of it. The second trailer for it just landed this weekend, adapted for the screen by Ava DuVernay of Madeleine L'Engle's beloved book of tesseracts and discovery. Personally, I'm a fan of the term "Einstein-Rosen bridge" but whatever....

And yes, I know. The book is from 1963 and back then, "It was a dark and stormy night" was not considered cliche.

Assorted musings regarding the trailer:

1) Why does every adaptation/trailer these days have to feature "edgy" remakes of music. It was the Eurythmics, and I loved it back in the eighties. Why remake it?

2) Did they move the setting from New England to Florida? Maybe they needed to move it to a place that has frequent powerful storms.

3) The book is only 232 pages. You could read it in an afternoon. Why bother to change anything that's so short?

4) Why is there epic explosions and over-the-top stuff in it?

If you haven't seen the trailer, I embedded it below. You should watch it.

6 comments:

  1. I never read that book. I don't hear a song in that trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they want it to be a good movie, they'll have to make changes. The book kind of sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this book forever but haven't gotten around to reading it. Maybe the movie will convince me to find a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trailers haven't really pulled me in but I hope the movie is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually excited for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the book is a classic but I've never read it. I do hope the fans (including you) are happy with the flick.

    ReplyDelete