Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Today's Insecure Writer post ponders what would you do differently in 2017?

Today is Wednesday, December 6th, and that means that it's time for the Insecure Writer's Support Group. This monthly blog fest has a sign up sheet located HERE.

The December question is:

As you look back on 2017, with all its successes/failures, if you could backtrack, what would you do differently?

I'm not sure I really had many successes or failures this year. Everything seemed to go pretty much as planned, and the plans I made certainly arose out of only one option (I know that sounds weird but my life has been very directional this year). It would be like asking, "if you are going up a path and there are no branches off the path...other than walk the path to get closer to your goal, what would you do differently?" Hmm. I guess nothing. I'd keep plodding along at the path I'm on. One step at a time, a little closer to the goal with each step, etc. Maybe I would have bought a new battery for my car a little sooner than having it just go dead in the grocery store parking lot. That would have been nice, but it would also preclude that I knew my battery was going to die (which I didn't). Maybe I'd have left a little sooner after the Eclipse in August to try and get ahead of the traffic instead of it taking nine hours to drive a trip that normally took 3.5 hours. Maybe I'd try harder to weed the old friendship garden (I got lots of weeds growing).

Eh...overall I'm satisfied with the choices I made. It's not like I have much influence on anything "Big" in this world, so while the rest of it goes to hell maybe I'll just exist in my comfy bubble of existence.

8 comments:

  1. Dead batteries suck. Always happen at the worst time.
    There are little things I'd change, but overall it was a good year. Why go back and mess it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeding the friendship garden is not a problem for me. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as it's a path you want to be on, that works. The trick is to get on a path that you want to be on. Many people aren't. So, congrats on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy for people to say they would do something different after the fact (once you know the results)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of anything I'd do differently, not that it would matter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't think of many big things I could do differently. Life happened. Health stuff happened. Surgeries happened. Writing actually happened. Nothing was finished or polished or beautiful, but I kept walking forward. That's all that matters in some years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like when things are "steady".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad everything went as according to plan. That's great! I hope 2018 is the same way for you. :)

    ReplyDelete