Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Now that the Gifted has been picked up by Fox let's all hope it doesn't get cancelled like so many other sci-fi shows

I like Bryan Singer's X-Men movies. I think he did a better job than most, and I have a soft spot for the X-Men anyway because I've always thought they were a metaphor for gay people in society (they all share a common secret?). This essay written HERE explains it better than I could. But there are others that think along the same lines as me.

And with that said, it looks like Singer is making the leap to television this fall with "The Gifted," although (to be fair) Singer only directed the pilot. It's still exciting, and I've embedded the trailer below. I kind of wonder at this point if it will intersect with FX's Legion at all. I hope so, because Legion was really good. Another thing that's got me excited is that we'll see some sentinels, although they will look different from what has been seen before (Sentinels were the robots who raged war on mutants in X-Men: Days of Future Past). I just hope they aren't androids to save on budget. Androids are so the rage right now.

6 comments:

  1. Legion will be really hard to live up to - that show blows all other superhero television shows out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Legion. Kind of feels like I should remedy that now. I like the looks of The Gifted, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But it's on FOX... They so don't have a good track record with interesting sci fi. They've disappointed me so much in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They keep renewing Gotham and like ABC with AoS the network has a vested interest in this succeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, per usual I'm the last to comment, but I've got nothin' much to say because I don't know about this show. Maybe I'll try to catch it.

    ReplyDelete