Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Invincible is returning to Amazon much sooner than I thought it would!


Oh! The Invincible season 2 trailer just dropped, and I had no idea that the new season was so close. It's apparently going to start streaming on Amazon Prime on November 3rd.

The last season ended with Omni-Man being exposed as a Viltrumite secret agent, which is apparently a race of beings that are so powerful that there really is nothing out there to compare with. It was also really violent, which (for some reason) worked for me. Maybe it's because I'm into doom posting so much these days. The animation sucked me in the same way that I remembered some cartoon superhero shows from my childhood grabbed me from the getgo. But the story of Invincible was unlike other things I've been watching. The closest thing to it really is The Boys, and that really doesn't encompass what Invincible is as the superheroes (for the most part) are actually trying to be super.

I'm ready for this to be injected straight into my veins. Click on the trailer below if you haven't seen it yet.


3 comments:

  1. Did you watch the Atom Eve special they did a couple of months ago? I really liked that. I mostly liked the first season so I'll be down for the second. But it still annoys me that this show can do an age regression story and Amazon won't censor them and they don't get called pedophiles or anything. It's a total double standard just because the property is by someone famous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @P.T.: Fascinating topic regarding an animated cartoon being considered pedo material. I don't think any drawing or cartoon should ever be considered pedo material, but I won't be the one making those rules. Just a personal opinion. I mean...it's not real. It's fiction, and no one was exploited or hurt. What a slippery slope world that will be when people decide that if someone draws a thing on a piece of paper in their own home that it can be construed as illegal. What are they going to police next? Thought itself? Hello "Minority Report." Police bust down your door: "You were thinking of a thing that you aren't supposed to think about and we are arresting you ahead of time in case you act on it!" Something tells me that even if telepaths did exist, that there would be staffing issues for this kind of policing. Anyway...these are just opinions which seem relevant in the age of a.i. creating such realistic pictures. You may inadvertently put a "Doom Post" idea in my head, but that one is on you :). Also, I haven't seen the Atom Eve special, so thank you for putting that on my radar.

      Delete
  2. It's nice that a bunch of new stuff is coming out now. I haven't seen this one, but I'm looking for new stuff. I just saw that Upload season 3 will be starting soon. Have you seen that one? (It's also on Amazon Prime.) If you haven't, I think you might like it.

    ReplyDelete