Monday, March 2, 2020

Onward opens this week and I can't wait to see it.

Friday, I'm going to see Onward. It's the latest offering from the Pixar studio, and I've been a fan of Pixar films for so long now that I just automatically go and see the newest one. If I'm being completely honest, there have been a few (in the single digits) of ones that I didn't enjoy all that much (Good Dinosaur is one, but it's still a decent film). However, none of these were ever bad enough for me to think that I won't have a good time watching anything that Pixar has to offer.

And with regards to Onward, it looks particularly good. It has Tom Holland and Chris Pratt as voice actors. These are both people I follow on Instagram and deeply enjoy, although their busy lives leave me boggled at how either them (or any A-list actor) connect emotionally with any actual human beings that live in their orbit. Maybe this is why they (as celebrities) get paid so much: so that they can actually afford to get away from the attention that their fame showers upon them. One can only hope that they can enjoy lives that are worth living.

Onward on its surface looks like an excellent buddy flick, with two brothers using a magic spell to spend just a little precious time getting to know their deceased father. It promises to have lots of humor, and I'm expecting them to completely stick the landing in the same way that Coco left me in tears, thinking about what I had lost in my own life. Pixar has always been talented at connecting with me on an emotional level, and I expect nothing less from Onward. In fact, I expect to be thinking about it most of next weekend.

Happy Monday, friends.

5 comments:

  1. I can't remember the last Pixar movie I watched. Maybe now that I have Disney+ I'll get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I don't think Good Dinosaur rises to the level of decent. The scenery animation was amazing, but that's the only good thing that can be said about that movie.
    I still haven't seen Toy Story 4, so I doubt I will see this in the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to already have your weekend plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will admit, this is the first Pixar in a while that I'm interested in seeing, mainly to see how they pull off fantasy tropes in a contemporary setting. :)

    ReplyDelete