Monday, August 26, 2019

The trailer for The Mandalorian makes me think that Disney spent all the monies on this to ensure that its excellent.

The Mandalorian trailer dropped on the internet last week, and my first thoughts were around how good it looked, how identifiably Star Wars it actually was, and how it seemed steps away from expected tropes. All of these things got me excited to subscribe to Disney +. In fact, I wish it was out already so that I could hurl money at Disney faster, and start watching it. I wonder if the assassin droid in the trailer is IG-88? When I used to run the Star Wars RPG from West End Games in my college days, I sometimes talked about what a badass I thought IG-88 might be. For the record, I also posed that a live-action Star Wars series told from the perspective of a bounty hunter in the galaxy might be fun to watch. That was thirty years ago. Glad to see that someone else thought the same thing and made it happen and with a reported $100 million budget for ten episodes (source The New York Times).

So yeah...if you haven't seen the trailer yet, click on it below and let me know what you think in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. The trailer was excellent. And great, now I need to subscribe to Disney's channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose as their first big show they want to make sure it doesn't flop. Then next year the flood gates start opening with all the Marvel shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm going to be subscribing.
    Especially since they've ended their relationship with Netflix.
    At least they're not charging a buttload for it just because they could.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, is that what it's about? I kind of saw that the trailer dropped, but I've been so absorbed in work I haven't had the head space to consider anything beyond work for a couple weeks. Luckily, that's over now.

    ReplyDelete