Wednesday, September 11, 2024

This clip from Strange New Worlds season 3 is really funny.

About a month ago, one of the conventions (I don't know which) aired a clip from season 3 of Strange New Worlds that I really liked. It's funny if you know the characters. Otherwise the humor probably doesn't land right. But given that this is season 3, I'd think that the people who watch said scene are probably invested in this show and will get the humorous sub-context that underlies everything that you're seeing in it.

It's only a clip here, so there is little context to the details of the mission. Additionally, a lot of questions are apt to pop up in the minds of viewers like myself (or you). For example: Why is Pike carrying a weapon? Is there some threat that awaits them? Another hidden gem is the serum not working on Pelia. Played by Carol Kane, Pelia is a delight as the chief engineer. She has fantastic comedic timing, and it's just wonderful to see her again as I've very much enjoyed the other roles in which she takes.

Also, Pike's hair as a Vulcan is pretty epic. It's been a note of discussion on Reddit forums at how good Anson Mount's hair looks when he's playing the role of Christopher Pike. So to see his hair get this kind of "do" is a real crowd pleaser. I love it. And Ethan Peck (Gregory Peck's grandson and the actor who plays Spock) does an amazing job in the clip showing an "internal scream." His look seemed to me to say, "This is high school all over again. Shit."

Anyway, if you get a moment (or five) take a look at the embedded clip below. It's great.


1 comment:

  1. When does season 3 start airing? I did enjoy this show, and I look forward to the next season.

    ReplyDelete

Advertisement 1