Friday, May 6, 2011

An Open Letter To Mom

Dear Mom,

When I was a kid I did something that I still feel bad about today. I know, I'm truly the best one of your kids and am perfect and all that. But seriously, there was this ONE TIME. It's like a black mark on my otherwise spotless record. So, as it's that SPECIAL DAY again, I need to seriously come clear. Like...seriously. So here it is. My confession. One day while you were hard at work at the cake factory  I spied your purse. I knew you were busy.
I looked inside and discovered a $20.00 bill on top. OMG...I thought to myself. This isn't frickin' Monopoly money! I could buy great things with $20.00 like fireworks, raspberry-jelly flavor filled Hostess doughnuts! Tiny collectible rubber band animals because all the cool kids had those! I felt a little like this:
Or maybe more like this. Like, OMG, holy crap, this is $20 frickin' dollars lolamazing...
So I took the money. I was dumb though and the tattle-tell other spawn of yours saw me. I tried to convince her of this:
She blackmailed me into doing all kinds of things or I'd get into trouble. That's what siblings are for, right? But I gotta hand it to her. She really knew how to work it. I was out of my league. :(
So I hid the money away. I figured with no proof...no doughnut crumb trail...no blown fireworks...that I was safe. But ya know, there was a part of me that felt a little bit guilty.  But I had A.D.D. so that didn't last. Rather, I just forgot about it.
I didn't want to forget. I just did. Maybe it was a sign that I'd be forgetting things as I got older. Like important locker combinations at the gym that I've gone to a thousand times and then suddenly I had to have the lock cut off because my brain was occupied with the last episode of the Jersey Shore. You know...important stuff like tanning and pickles!
Yesterday, I went through a box of old toys and found that money hidden in a pencil box along with my spongebob squarepants collectibles. I totally had an episode like this.
It was kinda like Christmas only less spectacular like Hannukkah only for the non-Jewish I guess?. I felt sorry. Like OMG KURT sorry.
But it gave me this great, absolutely fantabulous idea for Mother's Day that all kids want to ask. I just hope you don't have a reaction like this:
So here it is...

CAN I BORROW ANOTHER TWENTY DOLLARS?

Hee hee have a Happy Mother's Day weekend!

16 comments:

  1. LOL. My little brother used to steal money out of my mum's wallet all the time - but it was usually just $2 coins and stuff (they are gold and shiny, wow!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL nicely played. :-D Did you get the $20?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom reads your blog? Mine can't even turn on a computer, so I can spread all kinds of vicious gossip about her, bwahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gigglesnort* Oh this was fabulous! True confessions on yourself are always nice, and brilliant presentation...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha. That Kurt gif is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL love it, especially the penguins :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. And great gifs to go with the story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that your Mom will enjoy this video and not take your confession seriously.
    Happy Mother's Day to your Mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure your Mom finds this blog to be funny and I don't think she will take it seriously ( I mean the stealing part). The way you connected the videos is very clever and funny. She definatley will appreciate your film making.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny videos....I hope you get your mother something nice with the money you borrow from her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I were you, I wouldn't say a word. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny. Some of those gifs are mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehehehe. This was fabulous.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  14. HA! That was great! Hilarious. Love the pics too - especially the Spongebob one.

    ReplyDelete