Friday, September 15, 2023

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom now has an official trailer and I have thoughts.


The new Aquaman 2 trailer dropped, and after viewing it, I wanted to point out some things and give my own observations. If you haven't seen it yet, click below and watch it.

1) Boy, Amber Heard has sure been minimized lol. I guess after the Jonny Depp trial, things have gone really south for her career, and the people promoting the movie know this. I expect her character to be recast with someone else if they do a sequel to this show.

2) It has so many effects in it, it looks like a cartoon. I like this look. It's Aquaman and not Watchmen. So, I'd have it no other way.

3) I appreciate that Black Manta is back. They're actually following upon the villain they set up in the first movie. It feels like a rare thing for superhero movies, where there can be a lot of setup but not much follow-through.

4) I never get tired of Jason Momoa's personal take on this character. He brings a lot of personality to the role.

5) Yes, I will see this. I'm ready to hand over money.

6) I can't believe it's been four years and some change since the first movie came out. Time just really seems to fly by these days.

7) I like Aquaman's setting in DC a lot more than I like Marvel's take of Submariner that we saw in the last Black Panther movie.

Here's the trailer:

3 comments:

  1. The director said it was the plan all along to focus more on Aquaman and his brother in this. I don't know how true that is. I agree about Submariner. They changed pretty much everything about the character who was one of the oldest they have. Maybe that was in part to get around the licensing issue with Universal or whoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprised they didn't recast Amber Heard altogether.
    I'm stoked for it. Aquaman was always my favorite. Despite what the guys on The Big Bang Theory say - he's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it looks like it'll live up to your expectations.

    ReplyDelete