Monday, April 18, 2022

Tsuburaya's next Ultraman project has a trailer and I hope an international release is coming soon.

Tsuburaya, which is the company that owns the rights to Ultraman, has released a new trailer for Shin Ultraman. It comes out in May in Japan, and I hope it gets an international release soon, because I want to see it. If you watch the trailer, there's some gorgeous but brief shots of Ultraman and some great kaiju teases. Even though they are using motion capture and CGI, I'm glad they are making efforts to retain the feel of the low-tech original shows. Ultraman flying into the air has the same stiff action figure-ish feeling of the old miniature work (for example). 

If you'd like to know more about Ultraman, Tsuburaya has its own official YouTube channel located at https://www.youtube.com/user/tsuburaya

You can go there and watch episodes of Ultraman for free. They are also subtitled for those of us who do not speak Japanese. That being said, I've included the trailer for the new Ultraman movie below.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I watched Ultraman back in the day. I don't think I had any action figures or anything of it either. Though at a garage sale we got this big robot that was red and blue and the arms came off and had like saws on them. It was probably from something like Ultraman but we'd mostly just make it fight our Transformers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does have the feel of the 60's and early 70's monster movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if you push hard enough, they'll make sure you can watch the premiere, too.

    ReplyDelete