Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Finally Snoopy gets the soft fur fans always imagined he had in a new 3D movie

I loved reading Peanuts as a child. So I was surprised and happy to learn that Charlie Brown and Snoopy are getting the 3D makeover (yes there will be animated fur) that's propelled Dreamworks animation and Pixar to the forefront of movie-making wizardry. Charles M. Schulz's cartoon classic is being updated/done by 20th Century Fox. They're the ones behind the fantastic "Rio" franchise (and last year's "Epic" which basically made me a fan of Aziz Ansari for life). If you don't know who Aziz is, he plays in Parks and Recreation (which to its credit has many colorful characters).

I can't believe it's more than a year away :(. Ah well, at least I've got How To Train Your Dragon 2 coming out this summer. If you want to read more, go to this article on Yahoo News.

My next post will be on Monday as I have things to do this weekend and need to take some time off.

13 comments:

  1. Other than the XMas special I never did much with Peanuts. Though I always did think Snoopy was cute; somewhere I probably still have a stuffed one.

    I've been watching Parks and Rec on Netflix recently. I'm into season 4 now. It's OK though not my favorite show by far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! My hubby would laugh at me for getting excited about this I think. I've been a bit nostalgic lately. My dad gave me and my brother nicknames from Peanuts. I was Lucy. And I really sort of was as a kid. Bossy, enterprising...:)

    Thanks for sharing the news because I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when they animated Yogi Bear and it was dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I was skeptical because sometimes I get sick of the 3D craze but this looks really good. See you Monday and you got me excited too Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Peanuts too when I was growing up. Glad to see a remake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always loved the Christmas Peanuts special, which I know by heart, and the Great Pumpkin one. It'll be strange seeing the 3D version with the classics so firmly imprinted on my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure about the new look and 3D but once you hear that music impossible to resist.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know anything about this. I absolutely love Peanuts! The teaser is adorable.
    Enjoy your weekend, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter will be old enough for me to actually take to her see it in theaters next year...so I can actually see it in theaters without feeling weird. Haha. I loved How to Train Your Dragon and look forward to the sequel. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Peanuts comic strips as a kid, so I'm looking forward to the movie too.

    Did you hear Jimmy Fallon making fun of the idea the other night?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Theresa: No, I haven't watched Jimmy Fallon. I'll have to see if its online to watch. Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete