Monday, February 13, 2023

The movie 65 looks like a simple dinosaur movie which may mean it's gonna be great.


Yesterday, the movie 65 dropped a trailer during the Superbowl time slot. It honestly looks pretty interesting, and I think the reason why is it appears to be so basic. It foregoes trying to get dinosaurs into our time through cloning and just unwinds a time travel story, placing Adam Driver in the past some 65-million years ago, where he can see the Earth as it used to be.

Honestly, this looks awesome. As a kid, I always wanted to time travel to see the Earth as it was described in scientific books in that time period. Although where I would go in time and what I would want to see (were I to have a time travel device) has changed, the fantasy idea of seeing a Jurassic Earth is still really appealing. And in case you're wondering, I'd probably use my time machine to go and see Mozart live (or something like that) rather than journey to a prehistoric world full of creatures that want to eat me.

I do wonder what kind of dinosaurs we are going to see in this movie, but I guess I'll need to wait until March to view it.

3 comments:

  1. It does look really good. I wouldn't want to time travel to that period though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't he watch that Simpsons Halloween episode about how killing dinosaurs in the past alters the future? Maybe it'll end with Groundskeeper Willie saving him.

    ReplyDelete