Monday, April 3, 2017

I got my internet hooked up and will be publishing my blog three times a week

I got my internet hooked up by Comcast last week, and I'm very satisfied with the results. So I guess I have no more excuses as to why I haven't been publishing my blog on its normal schedule of three days a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

This Wednesday, I'm looking forward to participating in the Insecure Writer's Support Group. Has A to Z started yet? I'm a little out of touch. For those who are participating, I wish you the stamina to succeed.

I'm pretty excited to start giving my opinions on science fiction books, television shows, and movies again. One book that I read (in the hiatus) that I really liked was Todd Lockwood's The Summer Dragon. To explain a little, I absolutely love Todd Lockwood's artwork. I've been following his career for years and years as he draws dragons probably better than any modern artist I have ever seen. He helped out a lot with the third edition of Dungeons and Dragons, and his art isn't just limited to paintings but he can do maps too (like the best three-dimensional black and white maps you've ever seen).

Anyway, I had no idea that he was an author in addition to his painting talents (or that he had aspirations to even become an author in the first place). Then lo and behold, I was in Barnes and Noble one day looking for a story to read, and I stumbled across his debut novel in the "new release" section. It's fully illustrated by him, with interior art as good as anything that graced modules for Dungeons and Dragons (and some really cool maps of a dragon aerie). I had to have it, and devoured it within days. Now I'm waiting for book two.

It's my goal to post a really solid review of it soon, because it was deeply satisfying. If you love dragons, you should really check it out (and splurge for the hardcover, because it's gorgeous).

13 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    Yes, the IWSG is this Wednesday. (Sorry, you'll need to sign back up on the list.)
    The Challenge started Saturday. Without me! Yes, I bowed out this year. Too much with everything happening with the IWSG. I'll even be taking a couple weeks off, first time ever in an April.
    Lucky you saw that book. Hope it's not too long until his next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you've returned to the Blogosphere. I look forward to your review of "The Summer Dragon." Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!

    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on The Summer Dragon—it already sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to have you back, and I look forward to your posts. I find it amazing it took so long to get internet. Better late than never.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Mike. Glad you found a new book to enjoy from someone you admire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got internet. Woo-hoo! And the book sounds great. (Just what I need. Another book for the TBR pile.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I missed your blogging, and I'm in awe of your ambition. Three days a week? I'm hoping to start doing (sometime soon) a couple times a month.

    Your reviews are always so insightful, I'm looking forward to them all. Missed ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, you're back :) You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're back! I have Comcast, and I've been very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete