- The explanation that the colonists in the past are actually living in an alternate time stream to that of the future. That was kind of cool.
- The dinosaurs looked as good as the ones in Jurassic Park.
- Each character has their own stakes. The dad has his family at stake, Josh left his true love in the future and is feeling reckless, the doctor has a whole colony to take care of, and the kids are just trying to be kids in a world that wants to eat them. Kudos for the shot of the dinosaur gnawing on a kid's leg. That was awesome.
- The natural world is filled with tremendous beauty and I bet they showcase that all season.
- The world they left was the epitome of dystopian. People have to wear breath masks, there is no moon or stars...only pollution and overcrowding. The government forces families to have only two kids...overpopulation means extinction.
- The whole blend of high-tech weapons vs. dinosaurs is cool because the colony is so small. And just to add flavor, they threw in additional conflict with a rogue colony that broke off from the main one and is in control of the mineral mine.
- LOST style J.J. Abrams mystery with drawings on the rocks near the waterfalls left by the colony leader's son who is missing but some kind of mathematical genius that knows something about the future.
- They've kept religion out of it. It's a new society and thus far, I didn't see a church anywhere. I can't say that there isn't going to be one...but that was one of the things I hated about Battlestar Galactica. I just thought the religion aspect got way too heavy so that it dominated storylines. And they're headed that way in Falling Skies too.
- Great acting on the part of the colony leader played by the villain from the movie Avatar.
|CLICK TO MAKE BIGGER--GREAT WALLPAPER FOR YOUR PC|
I think the funnest part of this show is just letting my imagination run wild with the characters. I mean...what would it be like to not have to work some 40-hour a week job for mediocre pay but instead be 85-million years in the past with other humans trying to build a future and forge a society? Imagine the primeval world that existed back then and how danger and adventure would be around every corner. Awesome cannot begin to describe how that would feel...and they capture it perfectly in this show.
I can't wait for next week. If you aren't watching Terra Nova and you love sci-fi...you really should do yourself a favor and watch. Seriously.